(Cell Phones / Wireless) Trends and Future of Telecom Industry
- We are living in a wireless world and the report says that currently in 2012, 90% of people from United States are using wireless phones, which was just 20-30% in 2010.
- Cell Phones have outperformed or could say outnumbered land lines in United States, As per the estimates, at least 30% households in USA do not have a land line.
- Younger children of around 10 to 15 years old are now the significant mobile users and 65-70% of them are having a cell phone.
- The wireless industry is being driven by the smart phones like iphone, blackberry etc. sooner or later the smart phones will overtake this industry.
- Prepaid / No Contract Cell Phones are on high demand and will overtake Contract wireless services.
- Use of Wireless Phones for making cash or credit transactions could over take bank's credit card business.